The JCMT provides users with three levels of support. During the initial proposal phase users may request help via the JCMT help desk by e-mailing email@example.com.
JCMT users who have had a program approved for observing will be assigned and supported by a Friend of Project (FoP), who will
- act as the observatory’s primary contact with the PI & CoIs throughout lifetime of the project
- assist the PI to edit MSBs (using the JCMT-OT), if needed
- report at the weekly ‘JCMT Operations‘ meeting on any noteworthy results/issues regarding the project as they come up
- review observations as necessary or upon request from the PI.
- NB: E-mail communications about each observing project should be recorded in the OMP project pages by CC-ing emails to firstname.lastname@example.org, and by putting the projectID in square-parentheses  in the Subject line.
JCMT users who are invited to come and observe at the JCMT for any length of time will be assigned a Support Scientist. Your support scientist will
- answer any questions about travel arrangements
- act as primary contact during your time at the EAO offices in Hilo and at the JCMT
- provide a health and safety briefing upon arrival
- ensure all necessary paperwork is complete and provide a user account
- ensure you understand the software needed during a night of observing, answer questions and provide full summit support for first time users for the first half of the initial night of observing