Unlike in past years hotel bookings/arrangements must be made by participants
ASIAA Auditorium, AS/NTU Astronomy-Mathematics Building,
1F, No.1, Roosevelt Rd, Sec. 4, (inside NTU main campus)
Participants are expected to make their own Hotel arrangements. A limited number of rooms are available at Howard International House but once full participants will have to find other accommodation.
- (Howard Civil Service International House)
- Tel : (+886-2) 7712-2323
- Fax: (+886-2) 7712-2333
- Address: No.30, Sec.3, Xinsheng (=Hsin Sheng) South Rd.,Taipei
- 10 minutes walking from ASIAA
- Continental/buffet breakfast is provided
- Hotel Reservation Form is available to download here
- Please send the reservation form to Howard International House Taipei by fax: +886-2-7712-2333 or email: rv2101-ihhoward-hotels.com.tw ,
for reservations or queries.
- For no-show or cancellation within 48 hours, one night deposit will be charged.
If interested in staying at the Howard Hotel please ensure you book accommodation by September 3rd
You can easily find restaurants in the city. Prices vary but one meal should cost typically less than 10 USD in many restaurants. A good place to find restaurants is in the alleys of XinSheng S. Rd. and Roosevelt Rd.
Please note lunch boxes will be provided for meeting participants.
The workshop banquet will be on the evening of Nov 7, starting from 18:00. The banquet information slide shown at the coffee break can be found here. This restaurant serves Thai food (see TripAdvisor info here), and will offer vegetarian options. The location is near the Taipei 101 area and the famous Eslite bookstore. ASIAA will arrange one-way transportation to the restaurant at dinner time, but participants will have to find their own way back to the hotel after dinner.
Transportation From International Airports
- Most international flights land in Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport (Airport Code: TPE) which is situated 40km (24.8 miles) southwest of Taipei.
- Taipei Songshan Airport (Airport code: TSA) serves domestic flights and short-haul services to mainland China and Japan-Haneda(HND)/Korea-Gimpo(GMP). It’s close to the Taipei city center.
- Please refer to ASIAA website for transportation from international airports to Taipei downtown.
- Bilingual Instructions for Asking Directions is available to download at your convenience.